Myotherapists assess and physically treat myofascial pain, injury and dysfunction affecting movement and mobility
The 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy is focused on enhancing the technical and theoretical skills you have gained working as a Remedial Massage Therapist. Further exploring injury, muscular dysfunction and pain, the course allows you to enhance your current scope of practice. A distinguishing feature of Myotherapy is clinical reasoning and the consequent use of evaluation standards like orthopaedic tests, postural assessment and muscle function and evaluation.
Key Areas of Study
The 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy explores a wide range of skills and treatment methods to facilitate a wide range of client treatment options.
• Corrective exercise
• Dry needling
• Myofascial treatment methods
• Pathologies and treatment strategies
• Function and movement assessment methods
• Business management skills, enabling you to manage staff in your own Myotherapy clinic!
Units of Study
- VU21875 Work within a Myotherapy framework
- VU21876 Perform Myotherapy clinical assessment
- VU21877 Plan Myotherapy treatment strategy
- VU21878 Provide Myotherapy treatment
- VU21879 Provide myofascial dry needling treatment
- VU21874 Manage health risks in a Myotherapy environment
- VU21873 Establish and manage a Myotherapy practice
- VU21880 Conduct research relating to Myotherapy clinical practice
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
• Elite Sporting Clubs
• Multidisciplinary Health Practices
• Health Retreats/Resorts and Cruise Ship Employment
• Small Business (Massage Clinic Owner) completing this course allows registration with Myotherapy associations (MAA, MA)
• Beauty salons
Evidence of Successful completion of HLT52015/HLT50307 Diploma of Remedial Massage
Successful completion of VFA Learning ‘Pre Training Review’ and of Approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test (LLN) as set by VFA.
To view student entry procedure of this course click here
Students are required to complete 200 logbook hours in a range of settings as part of their 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy training. These hours need to be completed in the following environments:
- 150 hours supervised
- 50 hours non-supervised
Supervised hours are completed at the VFA Learning student clinic under the supervision of an appropriately qualified trainer and assessor.
Intake Dates / Course Duration
18 months Part Time
(including 9 weeks of semester breaks)
- 1 day per week (9am-5pm) of classroom based training.
- 1 day per week of online training.
- 1/2 day per fortnight of Supervised Clinic hours.
- Students can also expect self-directed studies and practical experience on the remaining days of the week to reinforce skills.
Intake dates may vary by campus
Delivery Mode / Assessment Methods
Face to Face
Classroom based with large practical element
Practical Workplace experience
Online – Self Directed
Observation – practical assessments – case studies
Projects – assignments
Case studies, clinical log book and reflections
Payment Plan (Direct Debit)
This training will be delivered by Victorian Fitness Academy TA VFA Learning RTO #22360. This training will be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding to eligible individuals. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Fill in the enquiry form below and a VFA Career Advisor will be in touch with you shortly!