The HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage will prepare you to enter the Allied Health Industry with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage the welfare of your clients.
You will achieve a high level of understanding of anatomy and physiology, equipping you to physically assess and treat clients. In addition, you’ll learn how to grow your relationship-building skills for interacting with clients and with other heath care practitioners. Upon graduating, you’ll use your skills to offer advanced manual treatment for those suffering from sports or work-related injuries. The course is offered in small learning workshops, where students will take clients and then conduct and interpret results to decide on the best course of treatment to restore healthy joints and muscle function. Who would be suited to this course? Individuals interested in the health industry working as remedial massage therapists. Many students may see this as a pathway to higher education for the rapidly growing health services industry.
Key Areas of Study
The HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage explores a range of new and exciting techniques including myofascial release, joint mobilisations, muscle energy techniques and positional release.
Goal-oriented form of massage used as a treatment in its own right, or used in conjunction with other fields like physiotherapy and chiropractics to assist in the healing process.
Branch of sports medicine concerned with the preparation, recovery and maintenance of optimal athletic performance.
Understanding best business practices, management and ethical behaviour in the workplace.
Units of Study
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTMSG001 Develop massage practice
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- SISFFIT004 Incoporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT031 Implement injury prevention strategies
- HLTINF004 Manage the control of infection
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTMSG003 Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTMSG002 Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG005 Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG006 Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG007 Adapt remedial massage practice for athletes
- HLTMSG004 Provide massage treatments
- HLTMSG008 Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
• Elite Sporting Clubs
• Multidisciplinary Health Practice
• Beauty Salons
• Health Retreats/Resorts and Cruise Ship Employment
• Small Business (Massage Clinic Owner)
Successful completion of VFA ‘Pre Training Review’
Successful completion of Approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test (LLN) as set by VFA.
To view student entry procedure of this course click here
Students can undertake clinical hours at the VFA Learning Teaching Clinic located at each academy. These hours are completed under the direct supervision of our qualified practitioners providing students with the opportunity to develop clinical skills in patient assessment and management. Students will be required to complete 200 Practical hours (150 supervised clinic and 50 non supervised). VFA will assist with organising the supervised clinic hours.
Intake Dates / Course Duration
12 months Full Time. Each week of training students will complete:
- 2 days of classroom based training and assessment
- 1 day of online training and assessment
Students can also expect self-directed studies and practical practice on the remaining days of the week to reinforce skills.
18 months Part Time. Each week of training students will complete:
- 2 sessions of classroom based training and assessment
- 1 session of online training and assessment
Intake dates may vary by campus
- Practical assessments
- Case studies
- Projects – Assignments
- Oral questioning
- Written questions
Face to face
Classroom based with large practical element
Online – self directed
Direct Debit Payment Plan
Vet Student Loan
Combination of Direct Debit Payment Plan and Vet Student Loan
This training will be delivered by Victorian Fitness Academy TA VFA Learning RTO #22360. This training may be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding to eligible individuals. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Access to Vet Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and a Vet Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth. Maximum Tuition Fee for this course for Non Subsidised Students is $16,000. Maximum amount covered under the Vet Student Loan program for this course is $10,000.
*Vet Student Loan – Access to the Vet Student loan scheme for approved courses commencing from July 1 2017 onwards is subject to VFA learning being accepted as an approved course provider. VFA Learning has provisional approval to offer Vet student loans to eligible individuals for this course effective January 1 2017 – June 30th 2017.
Fill in the enquiry form below and a VFA Career Advisor will be in touch with you shortly!