Stop the Spread
Keep your workplace COVID-19 Safe with this *FREE Accredited short course
VFA learning is offering a *FREE short course to support Victorian businesses to re-open safely following COVID-19 health and economic crisis. Working together we can reduce the spread of COVID-19 and importantly improve consumer confidence that it is safe to re-engage with your business.
HLTSS00066 Infection Control Skill Set (food handling) designed specifically for the Food and Hospitality Industry.
COVID-19 SAFE Infection control for Food and Hospitality.
Covid-19 means that a large number of workers will be required to have the skills to safely and efficiently decrease the spread and transmission of the virus while undertaking their daily duties.
This skill set has been designed by Nursing professionals to ensure your workplace is COVID – safe.
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection and control policies and procedures.
Participants will learn a range of skills including:
- COVID-19 specific controls and official sources of information.
- Social distancing understanding
- Working during COVID-19
- Managing customers during social distancing
- Cleaning premises and equipment during COVID-19
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Breaking the chain of infection
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and response in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection transmission.
- Handling equipment including money
*This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding to eligible individuals. Eligibility criteria applies.
Course delivery for this program will involve:
2 days x 1.5 hour sessions delivered via zoom (sessions will be recorded for students who cannot attend live)
Online learning including videos and interactives
Learning will be customised to the hospitality industry
Students will be assessed through the following methods:
Observation/ Practical demonstration of skills
You will have 60 days to complete all training and assessment from time of enrolment.
COST: *FREE Places are limited so enquire today!