Take charge of your career today and advance your knowledge of the fitness industry with a Certificate IV in Fitness – SIS40215.
VFA Learning’s comprehensive personal training course will help to amplify your knowledge and fitness skills, building your confidence to take control of your programs and personal training clients. Other institutions give you just enough training to get a job, but VFA Learning provides you with a comprehensive learning program that teaches you how to run a professional personal training business in any environment. You’ll dig deeper into the Fitness Industry and develop business, marketing and communication skills to ensure your personal brand connects with people in any fitness environment. And because VFA Learning is all about learning through doing, you’ll spend plenty of time in the gym!
Key Areas of Study
Key Areas of Study
In just six months of full-time study, you’ll become certified and ready to train and motivate others. Here’s a look at the highlights:
Advanced Programming Techniques From sports performance to determining the best plans for older adults and children, and even injury recovery, the course gives you the most comprehensive understanding of what it takes to become a Personal Trainer.
Resistance Training Methods You’ll learn all the latest processes and improvements in training regimes like: speed agility, flexibility, medicine ball workouts, boxing and circuit training.
Testing Methods Develop specific testing processes around various topics such as body composition, nutrition, metabolism and more.
Functional Training Stop injuries before they happen! You’ll learn a range of posture assessment tools that can help you teach the best way to perform exercises.
Marketing & Business Create your personal training brand with marketing, and understand how you can grow your business profile in gyms, studios and group fitness environments. You’ll learn about management, legal issues, business relationships, record keeping and leadership.
Units of Study
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT024 Instruct endurance programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- BSBSMB40 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSLS408 Present, secure and support sales solutions
- ICTICT203 Operate application software packages
- SISXICT001 Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation work
Become a Personal Trainer, helping people to become their best through health and fitness. Benefit from strong industry growth and run your own business or work in a gym or fitness centre – the options are limitless!
• Fitness Australia
• Physical Activity Australia
Successful completion of Language, Literacy + Numeracy Test (LLN) or successful completion of VCE or equivalent.
Successful completion of Certificate III in Fitness Pre requisite units.
18 years or older.
No A.T.A.R score required.
Intake Dates / Course Duration
6 Months Full Time
9 Months Part Time
2 days of classroom based training and assessment per week
1 day of online training and assessment per week
Students can also expect self-directed studies and practical practice on the remaining days of the week to reinforce skills.
1 Evening of classroom based training per week
1 Saturday of classroom based training per month
1 Evening of online training and assessment per week
*Under both full time and part time study modes students will be required to do further self-directed study to ensure they develop the required skills and knowledge. This will vary from individual to individual depending upon rate of learning.
Full time – Approx 6-12 hours
Part time – Approx 3-6 hours
Full Time 2018:
Part Time 2018:
Intake dates may vary by campus
As part of this program students will be required to complete 40 hours of practical work placement in a fitness setting. VFA learning will assist with organising practical placement where required.
• SIS50612 Diploma of Sports Development
• SIS50215 Diploma of Fitness
Face to face
Classroom based with large practical element
Online self directed
Observation – Practical Assessments
Fill in the enquiry form below and a VFA Career Advisor will be in touch with you shortly!