The Diploma of Sport Development – SIS50612 provides an alternate pathway to higher education whilst also broadening your skill set into the fields of sports management and high performance. Once you have become qualified you could find yourself working as a sport development office for a national sporting body, a competition manager, talent identification manager or athlete development coach.
Key Areas of Study
Throughout the program you will study a wide range of performance-enhancing training techniques including:
• Pool sessions
• Power lifting
• High performance gym training sessions.
You will learn skills to manage athletes and to optimise physical performance including:
• Drugs in sport
• Working with health professionals
Units of Study
Strength and Conditioning Management
- BSBADM502B Manage meetings
- ICAICT308A Use advanced features of computer applications
- SISXICT001 Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation
- SISXRES403A Use resources efficiently
- SISXRSK502A Manage organisational risk
- SISXIND404A Promote compliance with laws and legal principles
- SISXWHS402 Implement and monitor work health and safety policies
Strength and Conditioning
- SISSSCO513 Plan and implement high performance training and recovery programs
- SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
- CUAWHS501 Maintain a high level of fitness for performance
- SISSSCO512 Assist athletes to prevent and manage injury and illness
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
Drugs in Sport
- SISSSCO306 Provide drugs in sport information
- SISSSCO308 Support athletes to adopt principles of sports psychology
Nutrition for Performance
- SISSSCO307 Provide nutrition information to athletes
- SISSSCO410 Implement a talent identification program
- SISXIND406A Manage projects
- SISXCCS403A Determine needs of client populations
- SISSSCO101 Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices
Credited from Certificate III AND Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISXCAI306A Facilitate groups
Work as a:
• High Performance Manager
• Talent Scout/Athlete Development
• Strength and Conditioning Coach
• Sporting and/or Facility Manager
• Advanced Personal Trainer
Successful completion of VFA ‘Pre Training Review’
Successful completion of Approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test (LLN) as set by VFA.
To view student entry procedure of this course click here
- Face to Face
- Classroom based with a large practical element
- Online – Self Directed
- Practical assessments
- Case studies
- Projects – Assignments
- Written test
- Oral questioning
- Written questions
Intake Dates / Course Duration
12 months Full Time
First 6 months: 1 day per week classroom based training and assessment.
Final 6 months: 2 days of classroom based training and assessment and 1 day of online training and assessment.
Students can also expect self-directed studies and practical practice on the remaining days of the week to reinforce skills.
Intake for 2018:
Direct Debit Payment Plan
Vet Student Loan
Combination of Direct Debit Payment Plan and Vet Student Loan
This training will be delivered by Victorian Fitness Academy TA VFA Learning RTO #22360. This training may be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding to eligible individuals. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Access to Vet Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and a Vet Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth. Maximum Tuition Fee for this course for Non Subsidised Students is $13,000. Maximum amount covered under the Vet Student Loan program for this course is $10,000.
Fill in the enquiry form below and a VFA Career Advisor will be in touch with you shortly!