Diploma of Sport (Coaching)
The SIS50321 Diploma of Sport (Coaching) provides an alternate pathway to higher education whilst also broadening your skill set into the fields of sports management and high performance. Once you have become qualified you could find yourself working as a sport development office for a national sporting body, a competition manager, talent identification manager or athlete development coach.
Participants must be deemed competent in all of the units of competency listed in the “Units of Competency” section of this course to be awarded the SIS50321 Diploma of Sport (Coaching) qualification.
Key Areas of Study
Throughout the program you will study a wide range of performance-enhancing training techniques including:
• Pool sessions
• Power lifting
• High performance gym training sessions.
You will learn skills to manage athletes and to optimise physical performance including:
• Drugs in sport
• Working with health professionals
Units of Competency
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
Strength and Conditioning
- SISXCAI005 Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISXCAI008 Plan, conduct and review training and recovery programs
- SISXCAI010 Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI009 Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSCO003 Meet participate coaching needs
- SISSSCO004 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISSSCO007 Apply sport psychology principles
Drugs in Sport
- SISSSCO008 Apply anti-doping policies
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
- SISSSCO011 Manage integrity in sport
Credited from Certificate III AND Certificate IV in Fitness
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- SISXICT001 Select and use technology for Sport, Fitness and Recreation work
Work as a:
• High Performance Manager
• Talent Scout/Athlete Development
• Strength and Conditioning Coach
• Sporting and/or Facility Manager
• Advanced Personal Trainer
Successful completion of VFA ‘Pre Training Review’
Successful completion of Approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy Test (LLN) as set by VFA.
To view student entry procedure of this course click here
VFA Learning has developed a blended option for this course, including online for theory components and completion of all practical observations either in a simulated work environment and placement as required by the qualification. Potential students are encouraged to speak with one of our highly experienced Course Consultants to discuss options that suit your learning needs.
- Face to Face
- Classroom based with a large practical element
- Practical experience
- Online – Self Directed
Intake Dates / Course Duration
12 months Full Time
First 6 months: 1 day per week classroom based training and assessment.
Final 6 months: 2 days of classroom based training and assessment and 1 day of online training and assessment.
Students can also expect self-directed studies and practical practice on the remaining days of the week to reinforce skills.
Geelong Campus Only
January 2023 & August 2023
- Fee-for Service: Deposit and Direct Debit payment of balance (paid through Debit Success)
- Where eligible: VIC government subsidy and VET Student Loans
- Where eligible: VET Student Loans and direct debit payment of balance (paid through Debit Success)
This training will be delivered by Victorian Fitness Academy Pty Ltd TA VFA Learning RTO #22360. This training may be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding to eligible individuals. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Access to VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and a VET Student Loans gives rise to a VETSL debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth. Maximum Tuition Fee for this course for Non Subsidised Students is $13,000. Maximum amount covered under the VET Student Loans program for this course is $16,221.
Course Fee Information
Fee for Service = $13,000
Skills First Government Subsidised = $10,717
*Materials Fees = $137
*Materials Fees are not covered under VET Student Loans
For fee information on all approved courses and census dates click here
This training will be delivered by Victorian Fitness Academy Pty Ltd TA VFA Learning RTO #22360. This training may be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding to eligible individuals. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Access to VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and a VET Student Loans gives rise to a VETSL debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth. Maximum Tuition Fee for this course for Non Subsidised Students is $13,000. Maximum amount covered under the VET Student Loans program for this course is $16,788.
Course delivery locations
This course is delivered from the following VFA Learning locations:
Fill in the enquiry form below and a VFA Career Advisor will be in touch with you shortly!