22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy
Myotherapists assess and physically treat myofascial pain, injury and dysfunction affecting movement and mobility
This course is focused on enhancing the technical and theoretical skills you have gained working as a Remedial Massage Therapist. Further exploring injury, muscular dysfunction and pain, the course allows you to enhance your current scope of practice. A distinguishing feature of Myotherapy is clinical reasoning and the consequent use of evaluation standards like orthopaedic tests, postural assessment and muscle function and evaluation.
Participants must be deemed competent in all of the units of competency listed in the “Units of Competency” section of this course to be awarded the 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy qualification.
Key Areas of Study
The 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy explores a wide range of skills and treatment methods to facilitate a wide range of client treatment options.
• Corrective exercise
• Dry needling
• Myofascial treatment methods
• Pathologies and treatment strategies
• Function and movement assessment methods
• Business management skills, enabling you to manage staff in your own Myotherapy clinic!
Units of Study
- VU21875 Work within a Myotherapy framework
- VU21876 Perform Myotherapy clinical assessment
- VU21877 Plan Myotherapy treatment strategy
- VU21878 Provide Myotherapy treatment
- VU21879 Provide myofascial dry needling treatment
- VU21874 Manage health risks in a Myotherapy environment
- VU21873 Establish and manage a Myotherapy practice
- VU21880 Conduct research relating to Myotherapy clinical practice
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
• Self-employed private clinic with or without provision for health fund rebates
• Integrative health care facilities – working with Allied Health Professionals
• Complementary or medical service providing injury management and rehabilitation
• Local, national and international sports therapist and with athletes competing at all levels
• Business and corporate sector
Successful completion of VFA Learning Pre-Training Review and approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Test.
Evidence of successful completion of HLT50307 Diploma of Remedial Massage from the HLT07 training package, or HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage from the HLT training package.
To view student entry procedure of this course click here
Students are required to complete 200 logbook hours in a range of settings as part of their 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy training. These hours need to be completed in the following environments:
- 150 hours supervised
- 50 hours non-supervised
Supervised hours are completed at the VFA Learning student clinic under the supervision of an appropriately qualified trainer and assessor.
Intake Dates / Course Duration
18 months Part Time
(including 9 weeks of semester breaks)
- 1 day per week (9am-5pm) of classroom based training.
- 1 day per week of online training.
- 1/2 day per fortnight of Supervised Clinic hours.
- Students can also expect self-directed studies and practical experience on the remaining days of the week to reinforce skills.
Intake for 2022:
February – Geelong Campus only
Delivery Mode / Assessment Methods
VFA Learning has developed a blended option for this course, including online for theory components and completion of all practical observations either in a simulated work environment and placement as required by the qualification. Potential students are encouraged to speak with one of our highly experienced Course Consultants to discuss options that suit your learning needs.
Face to Face
Classroom based with large practical element
Practical Workplace experience
Online – Self Directed
Observation – practical assessments – case studies
Projects – assignments
Case studies, clinical log book and reflections
Payment Plan (Direct Debit)
Fill in the enquiry form below and a VFA Career Advisor will be in touch with you shortly!