Are you ready to dive into the vibrant world of fitness education at VFA? Meet Trent Piera, a spirited fitness enthusiast who’s not just a personal trainer but a guiding light for aspiring fitness professionals. With his infectious passion and unwavering commitment to spreading wellness wisdom, Trent’s journey through the realm of health education is nothing short of exhilarating.
We convinced Trent to pause his whirlwind pace and share his insights. Brace yourselves for the revelations. Here’s what he had to say.
1. What inspired you to teach fitness? Several years ago, I read a study that confirmed that 6 out of 7 people seek health advice from a Personal Trainer. Not just about exercise but ALL health advice. I found it incredibly motivating to be the person who was educating these Personal Trainers. It’s hard to navigate the health and wellness world with all the information available, so I think if I can share my knowledge and experiences with my students, the education passed down will positively impact people’s health.
2. How do you stay up-to-date with industry advancements and use them in your teachings? In addition to working at VFA Learning full-time, I also operate my own business – Trent Piera Personal Training. I’ve been very fortunate that fitness has opened many doors for me, including time spent in the US working as a PT on multiple occasions. I am immersed in this industry every day, which allows me to bring the most current information and advancements to my students.
3. Can you share a particularly memorable experience or success story from your time as a trainer at VFA Learning? Not one experience stands out more than another. It always gives me great satisfaction when I walk into a gym or scroll through social media and see my former students working in the industry. I’m very proud of the number of students who have come through VFA and are in the industry!
4. What advice would you give someone considering pursuing a career in your field? Just do it! I can’t tell you how many people I’ve taught over the years that made the leap and now actually enjoy going to work each day. It’s a bizarre concept that most people don’t enjoy their chosen job or career. It’s not always sunshine and rainbows, but I know myself and a lot of trainers within the industry who jump out of bed early each day, eager to start their day.
5. If you could have any teaching-related superpower, what would it be and why? I’m sure my students would want me to put my superpowers into my handwriting. When I get fired up, I write fast, and it’s not good for anyone. Slow down Trent!
Ready to elevate your fitness journey? Dive into VFA’s fitness and sports courses now and kickstart your path to success!