All international students must meet the following minimum requirements for admission into a course at VFA Learning:
- Must be at least 18 years of age by course commencement
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent
- Have an Australian or overseas qualification that is equivalent or higher than an Australian year 12
- Have a valid Australian Student Visa (for more information on student visas please visit the website of the Department of Immigration and Border Patrol – DIBP) www.border.gov.au
- If transferring from another course provider, onshore, have completed at least 6 months of the principal course with the current provider (as stated on CoE) and have a letter of release from the current provider.
All international students studying in Australia must have a valid student visa. Students may apply for a visa themselves, or use the service of an authorized overseas agent of VFA Learning. |insert link to agent list|
More information on student visas can be found on the Department of Immigration and Border Patrol (DIBP) www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud and on the Study in Australia website www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/global/apply-to-study.
The key conditions that all students need to fulfil in order to maintain their Student Visa includes:
- Students must remain enrolled in a registered course that matches the level of study indicated on the visa
- Students must maintain satisfactory course progress
- Students must keep course providers updated on their address and contact details
- Students must maintain adequate Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of their visa
To find out more about Student Visa conditions, visit the DIBP website: www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Visa-conditions/visa-conditions-students
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Health cover for international students is called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It helps you pay for medical or hospital care they may need while they are studying in Australia; it will also contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines and an ambulance in an emergency.
As part of their Student Visa conditions, all international students are required to have OSHC for themselves (and any partner / spouse / family travelling with them) for the duration of their Student Visa. OSHC must be organized before the student arrives in Australia.
More information about OSHC can be found here: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/overseas+student+health+cover+faq-1
VFA Learning will apply for OSHC on behalf of a student, if the student doesn’t already have OSHC. Students can select the level of cover they want when they are confirming acceptance of their course.
OSHC levels and costs are as below*
- Single OSHC AU $ 457.36 per year (covers only the student visa holder)
- Couple OSHC AU $2,915.65 per year (covers one valid student visa holder plus one adult spouse or recognized de-facto partner)
- Family OSHC AU $3,811.31 per year (covers one student visa holder plus more than one dependent which can only include one adult spouse or recognised de-facto partner and one or more children)
*The OSHC provider may change costs at any time without notice. VFA Learning aims to reflect any such changes on this page. However, the most up-to-date OSHC costs will be reflected in the Offer Acceptance and Payment Advice Form.